CABLE ASSBL-HARNESS ENGINEER-DESIGNER
Collaborate with teams across functions, sites, and geographies to accomplish common goals.
- Collaborate with teams across functions, sites, and geographies to accomplish common goals.
- Work independently on project and technical assignments that impact our customers and operations
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on MIL – Spec and other Space/ Defense/ Aerospace/ Medical Industry Specifications
- Analyze and provide solutions to problems
- Interface with customers, sales, operations and supply chain during the development cycle.
- Coach and mentor developing capabilities and training internal and external stakeholders on our products and capabilities and ensuring we are always ready with a solution
- Evaluate, Innovate and manage multiple projects
- Lead small specialized reams to identify and solve technical and project managements issues
- Support multiple varied projects while working with diverse cross functional teams to deliver innovative products
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to build influence and credibility through our community of engineers and our customers.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required, or related discipline.
- Have experience and skills in RF, digital, and power interconnect product development with deep expertise in the entire life cycle
- Experience in analyzing and providing customer focused solutions
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D modeling software or equivalent
- Knowledge of High Speed Copper, Signal and Power connectors
- Knowledge of coaxial and raw cable.
- Understanding of GD&T, ANSI/ASME standards
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that ensure high speed, secure connectivity of critical applications in the defence, aerospace, communications and industrial markets. Our microwave technology is used in radar, communication and surveillance systems that are mission-critical and operate in extreme environments in aerospace and defence. Our microwave components and connectors ensure optimal performance, durability and safety of space satellites. Our semi-conductor test products are used to test highly sophisticated semi-conductors and electronic circuits in communication systems, gaming products and computing devices. Our in-flight antenna systems give passengers internet connectivity gate-to-gate on planes around the world. Our connector and cable solutions ensure reliability of critical medical equipment, and safe operation of trains and transport systems.One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 2000 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.