Works under limited supervision to plan, develop new product to customer,
Provides technical support to internal departments and select customers
1. Designs new products and redesigns existing products of moderate complexity to meet customer needs and specifications.
2. Provides technical support to internal departments and select customers.
3. Review drawings and documentation for compliance with project specifications and company policies and procedures.
4. Issues Engineering Change Release Notifications (ECRN's)
5. Perform / Create / Update product design guidelines, customer standards, and / or analytical reports as assigned
6. Investigates and suggests solutions to the Engineering Manager with regard to product related problems
7. Compliance and participation in all Smiths Interconnect’s HSE programs, policies, procedures and training requirements.
8. Participate in the safety training of department or workshop and team;
9. It is strictly prohibited to command or force operators to work at risk despite of regulations;
10. Understand the risk factors, preventive actions and emergency plan for the accident in the related workplace;
11. Consult with sales in quoting customer requirements and bid preparation
12.To use PPE correctly.
13. Conduct accident prevention, and report any hidden danger or other unsafe factors immediately;
14. Abide by the rules and regulations of safety production and operation rules;
15. Other duties as assigned.
16.Work with a flexible schedule Up to 20% travel may be required.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering required, with an emphasis in Mechanical Design preferred; 5+ years of related experience
2. Knowledge of engineering mechanics, physics and manufacturing methods
3. Knowledge of industrial-spec. medical-spec. and main others markets industry specifications.
4. Experience with SolidWorks 3D modeling software or equivalent
5. Be familiar with cable end connector design, that means he should know something about the terminal crimping, wiring soldering process;
6. Understanding of GD&T, ANSI/ASME standards
7. Experience on Finite Element Analysis (structural, thermal & fluid) preferred
8. Ability to make sound decisions and accurate judgments
9. Ability to follow and provide detailed written or verbal instructions and communicate effectively .
10. Strong interpersonal skills, balances team and individual responsibilities.
11. Attention to detail / self-directed and able to work under normal supervision.
12. May involve high stress situations and the ability to balance multiple priorities at a time
13. Proficient with Microsoft Office products • Oral and written communication skills in English
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that ensure high speed, secure connectivity of critical applications in the defence, aerospace, communications and industrial markets. Our microwave technology is used in radar, communication and surveillance systems that are mission-critical and operate in extreme environments in aerospace and defence. Our microwave components and connectors ensure optimal performance, durability and safety of space satellites. Our semi-conductor test products are used to test highly sophisticated semi-conductors and electronic circuits in communication systems, gaming products and computing devices. Our in-flight antenna systems give passengers internet connectivity gate-to-gate on planes around the world. Our connector and cable solutions ensure reliability of critical medical equipment, and safe operation of trains and transport systems.One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 2000 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.