The purpose of this job description is to report the functions, requirements, working conditions, and supervisory responsibility for the Assembler at Interconnect- Salisbury, MD.
The basic function of the Assembler is to build filters and other products to meet customer specifications using all tools/equipment required.
- Read work instructions, follow production drawings and sample assemblies or receive verbal instructions regarding duties to perform
- Position and align parts in specific relationship to each other in jig or fixture when necessary
- Use solder iron to solder small parts
- Solder capacitors, air wounds, printed circuit boards, ceramic resonators and component leads as indicated in work instructions and Build Book provided
- Use parts cleaners
- Assemble parts using small hand tools such as electric or manual screwdrivers
- Perform in-process inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards
- Complete all assigned tasks with a high level of quality in time frame provided
- All duties of Level One Assemblers
- Assemble prototypes as assigned
- Assemble complex mechanical/electrical assemblies as assigned
- Provide simple troubleshooting for assembly issues identified
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Read drawings, schematics, and process instructions
- Use mechanical inspection tools including but not limited to: calipers, micrometers, pin gages, thread gages, microscope
- Obtain and maintain certification to IPC A610-E & J-STD
- Assemble parts with various types of solder using hot plates and soldering irons with or without microscopes
- Perform basic mechanical assembly
- Use hand tools to complete assigned tasks
- Identify process problems
- Learn & apply information in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with peers and leaders
- Willingly work with others to achieve team goals
- Follow all company policies, procedures and work instructions
- Perform all Level One functions
- Provide training to Level One Assemblers
- Identify and solve simple problems
- Provide superior manufacturing workmanship
- Provide superior hand soldering skills
- Provide workflow status, when required
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that ensure high speed, secure connectivity of critical applications in the defence, aerospace, communications and industrial markets. Our microwave technology is used in radar, communication and surveillance systems that are mission-critical and operate in extreme environments in aerospace and defence. Our microwave components and connectors ensure optimal performance, durability and safety of space satellites. Our semi-conductor test products are used to test highly sophisticated semi-conductors and electronic circuits in communication systems, gaming products and computing devices. Our in-flight antenna systems give passengers internet connectivity gate-to-gate on planes around the world. Our connector and cable solutions ensure reliability of critical medical equipment, and safe operation of trains and transport systems.One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 2000 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.