Account Manager (Maryland)
The Smiths Interconnect Account Manager is responsible for leading the strategic sales direction, management, support, communication and interaction for all Smiths Interconnect, Connector business unit (BU) activities in their defined territory. Provides customer with design-in support, design and process requirements, and value engineering. Responsibilities include meeting performance goals to align with the strategic objectives of Smiths Interconnect Connectors BU, including sales, new business opportunities and design wins.
- Increase sales in accordance with the corporate growth strategy.
- Drive and measure results in order to meet monthly, quarterly and yearly goals for orders and shipments. Find and develop new opportunities and designs consistent with the company’s objectives.
- Create awareness in the Smiths Interconnect brand throughout the territory and customer base. • Develop the strategic plan for account penetration within your respective territory.
- Establish and maintain high-level relationships with significant and strategic customers.
- Drive the consistent and appropriate utilization of SalesForce.Com (SFDC) for all opportunities and leads.
- Understand the commercial impact of all opportunities entered in SFDC and help coordinate appropriate factory and engineering resources.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with internal stakeholders.
- Analyze and define the target accounts for the company’s growth and vitality.
- Develop knowledge base for significant customers including but not limited to: new lead generation, relationship/organizational maps, program lists, program applications and product ship-set information. • Provide information on territorial trends: competition, major opportunities, major programs and product line demand.
- Drive opportunities to Design Win in alignment with company objectives and established goals
- Responsible for pre-sales application support to customers, internal departments, and sales teams
- Gather and analyze competitive information to ensure product offerings continue to meet customer needs and competitive positioning.
- Coordinate with Marketing and Engineering relative to priority setting on engineering projects for new development opportunities.
- Work with internal stakeholders on customer-specific pricing (contract negotiation/review).
- Assist in providing monthly, quarterly and annual bookings/sales forecasts and budgeting.
- Contribute to sales tools for customer meetings and product launches (presentations, competitive information, training materials).
- Travel to participate in industry events, meet with customers to promote product and company capabilities, conduct business and technical reviews, presentations and support closure of opportunities.
- Facilitate ongoing product trainings for internal and external stakeholders to ensure their understanding ability to communicate the Smiths Interconnect value proposition and strategic direction.
- Assist in defining the total market, company market share, competitor market share, and available market share for assigned target accounts.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of engineering or sales experience, preferred to have experience in the defense, medical or aerospace industry.
- Application engineering experience preferred
- Field sales, marketing, or sales management experience preferred
- Key/Strategic Account Management preferred
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Persuasive and be able to adapt approaches for a wide range of situations
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to communicate solutions without the support of a field technical support role
- Strong team player and collaborative worker
- Microsoft Windows and Office Suite Applications
- Average of 25% travel required
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that ensure high speed, secure connectivity of critical applications in the defence, aerospace, communications and industrial markets. Our microwave technology is used in radar, communication and surveillance systems that are mission-critical and operate in extreme environments in aerospace and defence. Our microwave components and connectors ensure optimal performance, durability and safety of space satellites. Our semi-conductor test products are used to test highly sophisticated semi-conductors and electronic circuits in communication systems, gaming products and computing devices. Our in-flight antenna systems give passengers internet connectivity gate-to-gate on planes around the world. Our connector and cable solutions ensure reliability of critical medical equipment, and safe operation of trains and transport systems.One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 2000 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.