Lead, design, and develop innovative new products and technologies to robust quality standards and in a manner consistent with business strategy and processes
Demonstrate end-to-end product lifecycle ownership leveraging the full value chain of the business including: Sourcing, Operations, Quality and Test
Develops technology and products to ensure designs are technologically competitive and aligned to business needs.
• Leverage business’ established and differentiated contact technologies to develop value added connector systems for a variety of customers and applications
• Lead/support group design reviews using calculations, experimental results or other verification methods.
• Leverage established tools such as DFMEA to verify and validate robust design requirements
• Interpret product specifications and translate them into design and/or manufacturing requirements.
• Coordinate the construction of functional and non-functional prototypes with internal and external vendors.
• Manage the priority and urgency associated with multiple project deliverables. Including planning, communicating, and meeting commitments
• Provide technical support to organizational stakeholders (Test, Sourcing, Production, Quality, Marketing and Sales).
• Participate and contribute to team training, development, mentoring and audits.
• Demonstrate behaviors consistent with company policies. Perform root cause analyses utilizing established problem-solving tools and methodologies
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- BS degree with 5+ years work experience in Electrical Design of new products like cables and connectors. Higher education can substitute for some of that experience.
- Able to work and set priorities independently with minimal assistance.
- Experience with the design and application of spring probe contacts a plus
- Solidworks 3D modeling, drawing and simulation packages is desirable
- Understanding of GD&T, ANSI/ASME standards and the preparation of required documentation
¨*The company is willing to consider applicants to work in a hybrid way, some days in the office and other days remotely.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that ensure high speed, secure connectivity of critical applications in the defence, aerospace, communications and industrial markets. Our microwave technology is used in radar, communication and surveillance systems that are mission-critical and operate in extreme environments in aerospace and defence. Our microwave components and connectors ensure optimal performance, durability and safety of space satellites. Our semi-conductor test products are used to test highly sophisticated semi-conductors and electronic circuits in communication systems, gaming products and computing devices. Our in-flight antenna systems give passengers internet connectivity gate-to-gate on planes around the world. Our connector and cable solutions ensure reliability of critical medical equipment, and safe operation of trains and transport systems.One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 2000 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.