Automation Engineer Software
- Upgrade the software for current equipment to improve the yield, quality and capability.
2.Work with supplier for new equipment system development.
Develop software and program for automation machine based on input
- Innovate new algorithms, processes, and systems that address dynamic business needs (improve yields / output, expand capabilities)
- Support the transition of tester technology from development to mass production through qualification and training hand-off processes
- Support factory requests for previous and current generation platforms （software）
- Provide development, debugging, and validation when necessary
- Collaborate with multi-national and multi-cultural teams
- Other tasks assigned by manager
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- At least 5 years of working experience in automation field
- College degree or above
- High level of proficiency (3+ years of experience) in at least one programming language (preferably C# or C++)
- Both ability to develop, debug program independently and ability to collaborate with team
- CET4 or above. Good communication in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge in firmware coding or a low-level language (C or Assembly) in motion control (motion profiles, PID loops, filters) is a plus
- Knowledge of machine vision system is a plus
- Knowledge of computer graphics or image program is a plus
- Knowledge of AI (artificial intelligence) is a plus
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that ensure high speed, secure connectivity of critical applications in the defence, aerospace, communications and industrial markets. Our microwave technology is used in radar, communication and surveillance systems that are mission-critical and operate in extreme environments in aerospace and defence. Our microwave components and connectors ensure optimal performance, durability and safety of space satellites. Our semi-conductor test products are used to test highly sophisticated semi-conductors and electronic circuits in communication systems, gaming products and computing devices. Our in-flight antenna systems give passengers internet connectivity gate-to-gate on planes around the world. Our connector and cable solutions ensure reliability of critical medical equipment, and safe operation of trains and transport systems.One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 2000 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.