Assemblers - 1st & 2nd Shifts
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
Smiths Interconnect provides high-speed, secure connectivity solutions that can perform at extremes of pressure and temperature. Our microwave technology is used to keep military radar systems online while our antenna solutions are installed across aircraft and space applications to enhance communications. Innovative cable solutions increase signaling functionality in autonomous transport systems and augmented reality and surgical robotics are made possible with connectors that increase bandwidth and data rates. Customers rely on Smiths Interconnect for mission-critical connectivity in the harshest environments.
Our blue-chip customers include Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, Huawei, NVIDIA and Biosense Webster.
As one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 1800 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Assemble electronic components onto printed circuit boards (PCBs) according to specifications by performing the following duties listed below.
- Reads worksheets and wiring diagrams, receives verbal instructions, or follows sample assemblies, selects components such as transistors, resistors, relays, capacitors, and integrated circuits
- Twists, bends, trims, strips or files wire leads of components or reams holes in boards to insert wire leads.
- Inserts color-coded wires in designated holes and clinches wire ends
- Ability to solder and assemble components previously described on PCB or equivalent from drawing
- Press fits component leads onto boards
- Read drawings and capable of interpreting drawing diagram to mechanically assembly parts
- Capable of processing drawing details into executable action items and processes
- Understands basic mechanical operations: tightening hardware with appropriate screwdriver or wrench, hardware requirements; screw with flat and lock washer (where required), hardware description differences,
- Completes any additional assignments as requested by Department Supervisor
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with all Company policies and procedures
- Other duties as required
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of one (2) year of manufacturing experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret graphs and charts.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees of the organization.
- J-STD-001 or NASA certification desire
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), equivalent from a vocational school or one (1) year related experience and/or training.
Security: U.S. Person required (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident)