The role of the Accounts Payable involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization. The role is to complete payments and control expenses, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices, taking care of vendors maintenance in the ERP system and reconcile payables ledger in compliance with the company policies and procedures.
The role is based on our office in Genova, but there is the opportunity to work on hybrid mode (office and home) once the employee can work autonomously.
- Post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records
- Provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
- Maintain meticulous records of outstanding payables
- Ensure the accuracy of an organization’s financial documents for payment, auditing and tax purposes
- Protect businesses against unintentional overpayment
- Practice effective monitoring to ensure payments are made to vendors in a timely manner
- Ensure 3 ways matches
- Reconcile Supplier statements
- Deal with all supplier calls and emails
- Ability to deal with external suppliers
- Ability to deal with inter group company
- Other AP duties as assigned
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Secondary school Education or Qualified by Experience
- Business English knowledge both written and spoken
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- Business Systems experience
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Well organized and with high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that ensure high speed, secure connectivity of critical applications in the defence, aerospace, communications and industrial markets. Our microwave technology is used in radar, communication and surveillance systems that are mission-critical and operate in extreme environments in aerospace and defence. Our microwave components and connectors ensure optimal performance, durability and safety of space satellites. Our semi-conductor test products are used to test highly sophisticated semi-conductors and electronic circuits in communication systems, gaming products and computing devices. Our in-flight antenna systems give passengers internet connectivity gate-to-gate on planes around the world. Our connector and cable solutions ensure reliability of critical medical equipment, and safe operation of trains and transport systems.One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 2000 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.