Demand Planner, Semi Test
North America, USA, Kansas, Kansas City
- This Demand Planning Manager’s purpose is to create and agree a product-based view of the future over the 1 – 18 month time horizon that is shared between Sales, Technical, Finance and Operations.
- This role will drive the creation and then optimisation of a monthly Demand Planning cycle at Global level across the business, acting as a critical integration point in the organization.
- The position is responsible for all demand planning and forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, technical, finance, and other sources, including customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- This Demand Planner position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The role holder will help set up and manage the new Global Demand Planning process.
- The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, and other sources (e.g.: market sourced and customer collaboration data).
- The Demand Planner is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. Basic forecast modelling is the responsibility of this position. This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing.
- Develop base rate planning including increases and decrease
- Monitor forecast versus actual status and reporting results to sales to meet plan to target
- Business partner forecast review with sales (forecast supplied by customer)
- Works closely with supply planning counterparts to ensure proper level of inventory to achieve the plan while working to minimise overstock.
- Track and reporting impact of demand changes to financial plans
- Work with customers service and sites to ensure orders ship on time
- Lead monthly demand review with cross functional team business team to review the latest assumptions, take high level adjustments before submitting to supply planning and release the cash up
- Lead all sub functions of supply chain in the monthly Demand Supply balancing review. Ensure appropriate decisions are taken to manage forecast volatility, supply reliability and service risk.
- Provide gap analysis and cash up of the demand plan. Outlying the underlying business assumptions and areas of focus for senior stakeholders.
- There may be additional involvement in ad hoc project work and process improvement activities as required
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Experience of managing a demand plan that runs a formal S&OP process, including implementation and practical improvement
- Knowledge of SAP/APO, Oracle Demand Planning or other recognized demand planning software solution is preferred
- Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office.
- Highly developed MS Excel skills, for data analytics, VB and Tableau an advantage, but not essential
- This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Bachelor's degree required
Good facilitation skills are required
Travel %: 15-20 Security:
Please State if US Citizen or permanent Resident Required - NO