Provides administrative and financial services to ensure that an effective, accurate, and efficient operation is achieved. These activities may include duties in both AP and AR in the North America region.
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents.
- Perform three-way match and data entry in ERP system.
- Update and maintain vendor and customer database in accordance with proper approval and document review.
- Prepare and process vendor payments.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Apply cash payments.
- Maintain collection log of past due customers.
- Willing and able to make collection calls.
- Maintenance and monitoring of the General ledger accounts associated with AR and AP.
- Special projects as assigned.
- May assist with others functions as needed or directed.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- High school graduate or GED, college experience preferred.
- 10 key experience.
- Typing and 10 key ability.
- Prior experience in AR and AP preferred.
- Must have basic clerical skills, technical ability and ability to learn and apply new skills. • Ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to examine issues or problems & make decisions.
- Ability to follow detailed written or verbal instructions and ability to communicate both verbally and written.
- Ability to work with others and maintain effective relations.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Investigates questionable data.
- Gathers & analyzes information skillfully & in a timely manner.
- Must be able to read and write English; able to work on-site (transportation to and from work is a must); ability to operate a computer keyboard and 10-key pad.
- Must concentrate mental and visual attention closely on work, coordinating manual dexterity with mental and visual attention for sustained periods.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that ensure high speed, secure connectivity of critical applications in the defence, aerospace, communications and industrial markets. Our microwave technology is used in radar, communication and surveillance systems that are mission-critical and operate in extreme environments in aerospace and defence. Our microwave components and connectors ensure optimal performance, durability and safety of space satellites. Our semi-conductor test products are used to test highly sophisticated semi-conductors and electronic circuits in communication systems, gaming products and computing devices. Our in-flight antenna systems give passengers internet connectivity gate-to-gate on planes around the world. Our connector and cable solutions ensure reliability of critical medical equipment, and safe operation of trains and transport systems.One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 2000 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.