Unlock the future of cutting-edge technology at Smiths Interconnect! We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated Process Engineer to join our Centre of Excellence in Dundee. As a crucial member of our Engineering function, you'll play a key role in shaping the future of RF filter, filter assemblies, and multi-functional assemblies for space and high-end defense applications.
Join a team where innovation meets impact! As the demand for our specialised components grows, we are on the lookout for a Process Engineer to contribute to the development and improvement of processes. Your expertise will be crucial in defining high-end processes for laser ablation, drilling, dicing, thick film deposition, and automated assembly of RF components. If you're passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology and thrive in a dynamic, forward-thinking environment, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for!
You are a seasoned Process Engineer with a bachelor’s degree (professional certification preferred) and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. Your extensive knowledge of materials, including ceramics, ferrite, thick film coatings, and adhesives, sets you apart. Experience in passive RF components and systems is an advantage, and your problem-solving mindset makes you a perfect fit for the challenges that come with high-end process definition.
Why Smiths Interconnect
- Innovative Environment: Be part of a team that drives innovation in RF technology for space and defence applications.
- Professional Growth: Smiths Interconnect is committed to your career development. Your contributions will impact milestones associated with specific projects, allowing you to grow alongside the company.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Work with state-of-the-art femto-second laser systems and automated assembly equipment, contributing to the advancement of RF components.
- Global Impact: Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders across the organisation, making a difference in a dynamic and inter-organisational environment.
- Develop processes for laser ablation, drilling, and dicing of metallised ferrite and ceramic wafers.
- Design tooling and programs for automated assembly and glue dispensing of RF components.
- Support process qualification activities and lead training for new product introductions.
- Create comprehensive works instructions for new processes.
- Utilise your problem-solving mindset to address complex challenges in materials and process development.
- Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Experience of passive RF components and systems an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of materials (ceramics, ferrite, thick film coatings, adhesives etc.) required.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Must possess a problem-solving mindset.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Potential
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Sharesave Scheme
- 25 Days Annual Leave + 8 Days Bank Holiday
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Hybrid Working
- And Much More!
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that ensure high speed, secure connectivity of critical applications in the defence, aerospace, communications and industrial markets. Our microwave technology is used in radar, communication and surveillance systems that are mission-critical and operate in extreme environments in aerospace and defence. Our microwave components and connectors ensure optimal performance, durability and safety of space satellites. Our semi-conductor test products are used to test highly sophisticated semi-conductors and electronic circuits in communication systems, gaming products and computing devices. Our in-flight antenna systems give passengers internet connectivity gate-to-gate on planes around the world. Our connector and cable solutions ensure reliability of critical medical equipment, and safe operation of trains and transport systems.One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 2000 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.